APImetrics has an authentication manager that is used to simplify the process of handling authentication for API calls. If you have API calls with authentication, you can create a authentication setup that can be used to authorize multiple calls.
APImetrics breaks authentication into two parts
- The authentication setup type such as API Key or OAuth
- The token used by the authentication service.
- Basic Authentication - using a username and password in the call
- API Key - a key placed in the header or the parameters of the call
- OAuth - a multi-step authentication process involving a call to an external service to generate a token.
OAuth is widely used standard for API authentication and authorization. APImetrics supports the following OAuth authentication flows in the product.
- OAuth 1
- OAuth 2
- OAuth 2 + JWS
- OAuth 2 + JWT
You cannot share your tokens
An authentication can have many tokens associated with it. Howver, because of security issues, we limit the sharing of individual tokens.
Updated almost 2 years ago